If you're here chances are you're locked in for this year's Mancamp, Oct 21-23rd just outside of Cincinnati, OH! If you missed registration get your $70 ready, there will (likely) be a Flash Sale next week after MC.
THINGS YOU SHOULD BE DOING (yes, you need to read):
- CHECK OUR GROUPME daily for food and unit assignments and updates!
- Order your last minute items. Waterproof. Waterproof. Waterproof. - Check the recommended Amazon list
- Use the MC Prepare page to check your packing list
- Check your email for the lastest from MC HQ - these emails have important information that hopefully no one's family will need...until it's needed. So read it and forward it.
- Talk, pray (if that's your thing), and watch YouTube. Talk to God, talk to one another. We're gonna have a lot of great conversation at MC but part of "getting through" MC is linking up, planning, and asking questions beforehand. And Friday ain't the day to do it lol if you're wondering it, someone else is too. Ask and talk.
Bonus: Never been camping or it's been a while? I HIGHLY encourage you to read this page - it's great information to get you set.
Practical Camping YouTube Videos
- How to Pack Your Bag - OG 2021 Video / Channel I Found This Year
- Food Planning - Snack Ideas(good for ideas, you won't need NEARLY this much) / Meal Ideas / Potluck Inspiration
- How to Fit Your Bag -YT Link
- Tips for First Timers - 2021 Clip / "Essentials" for Beginners / Comfort Items
We'll manage most details via GM and google drive but I'll post a lot of stagnant links here because it's easier. The biggest thing now will be getting your gear, but don't trip many things we'll buy as a unit, though some things you will want for yourself. The link that MC emailed us does a solid job of describing how to prepare and what to expect; we'll discuss more of that next week via Zoom (and over email).
- Our Recommendations | Amazon List
- Doug's Camping Pack | Dick's Sporting Goods
- you don't need this exact bag (I chronically overpack, which you do NOT wanna do for MC lol) but I do suggest
- an internal frame (keeps your shit from weighing you down on the hike in)
- No less than 50 liters (this pack will hold EVERYTHING you bring, any less than this you'll end up carrying something by hand which you don't want)
- Doug's '20 MC Purchases | Amazon List
- sharing this only so you can learn from some of my mistakes lol
- Also, YouTube is your friend!
Reminder: this isn't our event, we don't manage the details (or any of the liabilities lol) but we'll be responsible for each other as a unit.
So Mr. Karver went on this trip for the first time last year: without a doubt, life changing and a TON of fun. We recommend checking out the FAQs on their page cause they cover WAY more details than we will but:
- Is it legit camping? Yes.
- Was it a weekend away with unlimited beer on site? Also yes.
- Is it sponsored by a church? Yes (we know some of you are already confused lol)
- Was it out of his comfort zone? My God yes. And somehow that made it all THAT much more worth it.
You can find out more information about Mancamp by clicking here!